Canyon Lake, CA has arguably the best fireworks show in the region. With the population soaring by thousands, the 4th of July weekend is the busiest weekend of the year in Canyon Lake. Below are some important reminders that will help everyone have a fun and safe holiday this year!
Canyon Lake Fireworks Show
The Canyon Lake Property Owners Association’s amazing fireworks show is scheduled to begin at dusk, approximately 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 4. The fireworks will be launched from Skipper’s Island by Pyro Spectacular. From the Lodge patio area, Mike Shroyer of Good Time Entertainment will be playing music leading up to the show. Patriotic music will play in sync with the fireworks at the start of the show. The Pool will close at 8 p.m. to set up the music for the show. There will also be intermittent Gas Dock closures at the direction of the Fire Marshal.
Gate Access & Guest Information
Guests should be directed to use the Main or East Gates, there will be three lanes open at both gates. The RFID lanes will be open for vehicles with RFID transponders and vehicles with decals. All other lanes will be open for visitors, this includes those with pre-printed guest passes. Please be sure to tell your guests to have a valid driver’s license ready to show the gate guard when entering the community. Also advise guests to arrive as early as possible to avoid delays.
4th of July Road Closures & Traffic Notices
Before the Show
- Beginning at 2 p.m., Longhorn Drive will close at Strawberry Lane Drive to the Campground. Only residents of Longhorn Drive, guests at the Campground, or emergency vehicles can go through this area. All guests should be prepared to show their guest passes with their host’s address or camping pass. Please note, this also includes other Canyon Lake residents visiting your home. You will need to call these residents in so they can show a guest pass with your address on it.
- The following streets will close at 8:30 p.m.:
- Lighthouse Drive at Vacation Drive
- Canyon Club Drive at Canyon Lake Drive
- Main Causeway from Village Way Drive to Vacation Drive
- Blue Teal Drive
- No Parking on Main, North or Longhorn Causeways
After the Show
After the show, residents and guests leaving Holiday Harbor and Lodge areas will be directed to the quickest exit from the community by Community Patrol. Please keep in mind this could be in an alternate direction of a desired exit. Pedestrian traffic will be given priority along Canyon Club Drive and the Main Causeway in the first 30 minutes after the show. The following detours will be in place until traffic clears:
- Village Way Drive - Vehicles exiting Village Way Drive after the fireworks show will only be able to turn right onto Canyon Lake Drive South.
- Exiting the Lodge - Vehicles leaving the Lodge after the show will be required to exit onto Lighthouse Drive the first 30 minutes following the show. Once Canyon Club opens, vehicles will only be able to turn left over the causeway. Exiting Lighthouse Drive, vehicles may turn left or right onto Vacation Drive.
- Vacation Drive Stop Sign - At the stop sign corner of Vacation Drive and Canyon Lake Drive North, vehicles exiting the show will only be able to make a left turn onto Canyon Lake Drive towards the East Gate.
Get Boats Registered!
Unregistered boats are not permitted on the Lake. Marine Patrol will be verifying boats for current registration at all launch ramps. Unregistered boats are subject to a $500 Marine Patrol citation. Those who need to have a safety inspection completed on their boats in order to register them should call Marine Patrol at 951-244-6841, ext. 415 to schedule an appointment before June 30.
During the Show
Boats must maintain a safe distance from Skippers Island during the fireworks. Boaters are asked to pay attention to the temporary red buoys around Skippers Island. Marine Patrol and City Code Enforcement will be instructing boaters to stay at least 200 feet back from the red buoys. The Fire Marshal will not allow the firework show to begin unless all boats and swimmers are a safe distance from Skippers Island.
Parks & Beaches
Parks and beaches will close at 10 p.m. on Monday, July 3. They will reopen at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, July 4. Personal items are not allowed to be left at any park after 10 p.m. Any personal items left at parks or beaches unsupervised will be at the owner’s own risk. All tables at Holiday Harbor have been reserved through a lottery system. The remainder of the park is available to whoever arrives first - residents are welcome to bring their own tables, chairs and/or canopies.
Pool Holiday Hours
On July 4, the Pool will be open at its normal time of 6 a.m. (open swim at 10 a.m.). However, the Pool will close early at 8 p.m. After the Pool is closed no one will be allowed in the Pool deck area. As a reminder, to access the Pool members must have a valid POA card and be a member in good standing. Although the Pool deck will be closed, spectators are welcome to watch the fireworks from the beach and walkway around the Pool, as well as other waterfront parks that have a view toward Skipper’s Island in the Main Lake.
Obey the Law!
- Riverside County and the City of Canyon Lake have deemed all unauthorized fireworks (including sparklers) illegal. Those caught in possession and/or using unauthorized fireworks will be subject to a $1,000 fine and up to one year of imprisonment. Individuals who cause fires by using illegal fireworks will be held responsible for all suppression costs.
- Curfew for those under the age of 18 will be 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. There will be zero-tolerance for juveniles with alcohol.
- There will be strict enforcement of Driving Under Influence (DUI) and Driving While Impaired (DWI) laws.
Residents are reminded that the prime member is responsible for the actions of their family, guests, renters and lessees, as well as for any citations. Prime members are responsible to know the Association’s Rules and Regulations and are asked to be respectful of those in authority who are trying to enforce those rules.
The Association and City of Canyon Lake ask that everyone cooperate with those in authority to help ensure a safe holiday. The personal safety and enjoyment of all residents and guests is their top priority, and strict enforcement of the law will be applied throughout the weekend.
Office & Amenity Special Hours
The Association’s offices (including Member Services) will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 in observance of the holiday. Please note, offices will be open on Monday, July 3, 2017.
On Tuesday, July 4 the Pool will close early, at 8 p.m. Water Aerobics classes at the Pool will be canceled July 1 through July 4. Classes will resume on Wednesday, July 5. There will be no swimming lessons or water polo classes July 3 through July 7, lessons will resume on Monday, July 10.
Lighthouse Restaurant and Bar
The Lighthouse Bar will be open from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. serving off the bar menu. The entire restaurant will be open from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. serving a limited dinner menu and taco specials. The concession stand on the lower level will be open from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. serving pizza by the slice and refreshments.
Canyon Lake Country Club & Golf Course
On Tuesday, July 4 the Country Club Restaurant & Bar will be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Canyon Lake Golf Course will have normal business hours from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Regular Session Board Meeting will be on Wednesday, July 5 at 7 p.m. at the Lodge.
- There will be no Taco Tuesday on Tuesday, July 4.