Fishing is a favorite pastime here in Canyon Lake, and the Association keeps the Lake well stocked giving it a reputation as one of the best fishing Lakes in the area. With more than 300 miles of water surface, you can be sure to find a favorite spot to catch the big one. Below are some tips and rules that will help you experience a fantastic fishing experience.
- When residents fish in Canyon Lake, with or without friends, all California State fishing regulations apply
- Everyone over the age of 16, including members, must have a California State Fishing License
- California State Fishing License and appropriate permits are visible at all times. Members should have their POA ID card in possession as well.
- The number of fishing poles per person shall not exceed the number licensed for on California Fishing License. Only one (1) pole per guest is allowed
Guest Fishing Permits
The Association issues guest fishing permits for member's to invite their guests to enjoy fishing in the Lake as well. Guest Fishing Permits can be purchased at the Member Services office or at Happy Camp Campground. Current rates are:
- $5 per day
- $20 for 10 days
Please note, a visiting guest cannot have more than one fishing pole. Guests can also get a Guest Fishing Permit without the homeowner present, the guest needs to bring their printed guest pass from the gate, their California State Fishing License, ID, and payment to the Member Services office or Campground.
Fishing Flotation Requirements
Fishing tubes do not need a decal. Guests in fishing flotation tubes must be within 100 feet of the member's flotation tube with whom they're fishing. The following are fishing tube requirements outlined in the Association's Rules and Regulations:
- Four 2-inch by 4-inch strips of reflective material spaced evenly on the outside of the tube.
- One whistle, between the hours of almanac sundown and sunrise.
- One flashlight, between the hours of almanac sundown and sunrise.
- Whistle and flashlight shall be in possession of the fisherman.
- One approved lifejacket.
- By land on the Main Causeway (East and West sides) and over the tunnel at all times
- Private Property
- Golf Course Lakes
- The Lodge and surrounding area ( fishing is allowed on the common dock)
Current Fishing Reports
FishingNotes.com - Today's Fishing Report