Fishing is a favorite pastime here in Canyon Lake, and the Canyon Lake POA keeps the lake stocked giving it a reputation as one of the best fishing Lakes in the area. With 500 acres water, you can be sure to find a favorite spot to catch the big one. The Canyon Lake POA keeps the lake stocked with fish.
Fishing is allowed on any part of the lake except:
- Off the Main Causeway (East and West side)
- Off the North Causeway (North and South side) between both parking lot entries,
- Off the Treasure Island Causeway.
- Fishing is also prohibited from all common docks when boats and / or swimmers are present.
The following are rules for fishing in Canyon Lake, outlined in the Canyon Lake POA's Rules & Regulations.
- All California fishing regulations apply.
- A California State Fishing License (16 years old or over) is required for fishing in Canyon Lake.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member with a valid POA card.
- The Canyon Lake Police Department and California State Game Warden may confiscate fishing gear for violation of California State fishing laws.
- State Fishing license must be visible at all times.
- Fishing rules are enforced by Community Patrol and / or Marine Patrol. Community and / or Marine Patrol will check for permits and compliance of the fishing rules.
- Number of fishing poles per person shall not exceed the number licensed for on California Fishing License. Only one (1) pole per guest is allowed.
- Night fishing is permitted in accordance with California Fishing Regulations.
- Fishing person or persons must respect all private property.
Fishing Flotation Tube Requirements
- Four 2" inch by 4" inch strips of reflective material in accordance with a license manufactured spaced evenly on the outside of the tube.
- One whistle (between the hours of almanac sundown and sunrise).
- One flashlight (between the hours of almanac sundown and sunrise).
- Whistle and flash-light shall be in possession of the fisherman.
- One approved lifejacket.
- Guests will not be allowed to fish in / from a flotation device other than a dock or properly registered boat unless in close proximity of the Prime or Associate Member (close proximity is within 100 feet).