July 4th Fireworks Show
July 4th is one of the Canyon Lake's busiest holidays! The population soars by thousands as residents host parties and barbecues all throughout the community. Plus, Canyon Lake has arguably the best fireworks show in the entire county of Riverside which makes it an even more attractive destination for our residents and their guests.
About the Fireworks Show
The fireworks show begins at 9 p.m., they will be launched from Skipper’s Island. New this year, spectators can tune into 99.9 FM or download the free 99.9 KOLA app to hear music synchronized to the fireworks show. Also, from the Lodge patio area, Mike Shroyer of Good Time Entertainment will be playing music leading up to the show.
Pool Deck Open for Fireworks Viewing
For this year, the CLPOA will open the pool deck as an additional viewing area for the fireworks show.DJ Mike Shroyer of Good Time Entertainment will be playing patriotic music on the pool deck one hour leading up to the show.
Open swim at the pool will be from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. At 7 p.m. the pool will close and members will be asked to vacate the area. Those who wish to stay and view the show may line up outside the pool area to obtain a wristband. The gate will reopen at 7:30 p.m. and wristbands will be provided to those in line on a first-come, first-serve basis. Swimming will only be permitted until 8:30 p.m. The pool deck area can accommodate 218 people, once capacity is reached the pool deck area will be closed. Due to capacity limitations there will be no exiting and re-entering permitted after 7:30 p.m.
All pool rules will still apply during this special event. Members must provide their CLPOA ID cards to access the pool. Members and their guests that do not comply with the pool rules will be asked to leave to allow the community enjoy the fireworks show. To view all pool rules please view Swimming Pool section of the Rules & Regulations.
Once the fireworks show is over, the pool will close. Regular hours will resume on Thursday, July 5.
GUEST ACCESS TIPS & REMINDERS
Holiday Guest Passes
With July 4th being one of Canyon Lake's busiest holidays, the CLPOA's Member Services and Community Patrol staff will be heavily focused managing guest access. Those inviting guests into the community are encouraged to request pre-printed guest passes. Members can get pre-printed passes by submitting a list to the CLPOA's Member Services office that includes; tract-lot number, date of visit, date of departure, member contact phone number, driver’s first and last name (as it appears on their license). Remember to put your request for pre-printed passes in at least one week before the holiday so you have enough time to distribute passes to your guests.
Information For Your Guests
It is important to remind your guests that they must have a valid driver’s license in their possession when entering the community. Also, advise your guests to know your address, this will help the Community Patrol verify their information quicker at the gates.
Guests may be directed to use any gate for access. At the Main and East Gates the RFID lanes will be open for vehicles with RFID transponders and vehicles with decals. All other lanes will be open for visitors, this includes those with pre-printed guest passes.
ROAD CLOSURES & TRAFFIC NOTICES
Beginning at 2 p.m., Longhorn Drive will close at Strawberry Lane to Happy Camp. Only Longhorn Drive residents, guests at Happy Camp, or emergency vehicles may pass. Guests (including residents visiting you) should be prepared to show their guest passes with their host’s address, or camping pass if they are staying at Happy Camp.
The following closures will occur at 8:30 p.m., 30 minutes before the show:
- Lighthouse Drive at Vacation Drive
- Canyon Club Drive at Canyon Lake Drive
- Main Causeway from Village Way Drive to Blue Teal Drive to Vacation Drive stop sign
- Blue Teal Drive will close once causeway is closed
- All traffic (including pedestrian traffic) to Happy Camp is stopped at 8:30 p.m.
- No parking on Main, North, or Longhorn causeways
Below are reminders to help make exiting, Happy Camp, Holiday Harbor, and Lodge areas easier. Community Patrol will be directing vehicles to the quickest community exit, please keep in mind this could be in an alternate direction of your desired exit. Pedestrian traffic will be given priority along Canyon Club Drive and the Main Causeway in the first 30 minutes after the show.
- Exiting Happy Camp - Vehicles (including golf carts) can exit Happy Camp via Longhorn Drive. They may turn left onto Vacation Drive to exit the community through the North Gate, or turn right on Vacation for destinations inside Canyon Lake.
- Exiting the Lodge - Vehicles (including golf carts) will be required to exit onto Lighthouse Drive. From Lighthouse Drive, vehicles will be directed to turn left or right onto Vacation Drive.
- Exiting Holiday Harbor - Vehicles (including golf carts) will be required to turn right onto Canyon Lake Drive South towards the Main Gate.
- Pedestrians - Exit on Canyon Club Driveway and Main Causeway for the first 30 minutes following the show.
Marine Patrol offers some additional tips for enjoying the lake:
- There will be no towing allowed in the Main Lake after 12 p.m. on July 4.
- Members who have anchored their boat within a 5 MPH zone away from boat traffic lanes may swim/float within the immediate area surrounding their boat. Some of the best places to do this are the East Bay, Catfish Cove, and Big Bass Cove.
- Please ensure your boat is fueled and batteries are charged.
- If you are playing music from your boat, turn the motor over 10 to 15 minutes to conserve your battery
- Children 12 and younger playing on flotation devices (i.e. lily pad, tubes, etc.) must wear USCG approved PFD at all times.
- Passengers of boats who jump into the lake should remain within close proximity (six feet or less) of their boat
- When boat passengers are in the water, an orange or red flag must be in the air.
Boats must maintain a safe distance from Skippers Island during the fireworks. Boaters are asked to pay attention to the temporary red buoys around Skippers Island. Marine Patrol and City Code Enforcement will be instructing boaters to stay at least 200 feet back from the lighted buoys.
The firework show will not begin unless all boats are within a safe distance from Skippers Island.
Unregistered boats are not permitted on the lake. Marine Patrol will be verifying boats for current registration at all launch ramps. Unregistered boats are subject to a $500 citation. Those who need to have a safety inspection completed on their boats in order to register them should call Marine Patrol at 951.244.6841 x415 to schedule an appointment.
Residents are reminded the prime member is responsible for the actions of his or her family, guests, renters and lessees, this also includes any citations. Prime members are responsible to know the CLPOA’s Rules & Regulations and are asked to be respectful of those in authority who are trying to enforce those rules and safety for everyone. The CLPOA and City of Canyon Lake ask that everyone cooperate with those in authority to help ensure a safe holiday. The personal safety and enjoyment of all residents and guests is a top priority, and strict enforcement of the law will be applied throughout the weekend.
Please be safe during the busy holiday and watch for neighbors, families, children, pets, etc. on the streets both before and after the show.
July 4th CLPOA Modified Hours
The CLPOA Office (including Member Services) will be closed on Wednesday, July 4. Regular hours will resume on Thursday, July 5.
Parks & Beaches
Park and beach hours will be 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on July 4th only. All picnic tables at Holiday Harbor will have been reserved through a lottery system. However, the remainder of Holiday Harbor is available to residents on a first-come basis – portable tables, chairs, and canopies are acceptable. Please note, that any personal items left at parks or beaches before/after park hours will be left at your own risk.
The pool will have modified hours from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. and all activities at the pool are canceled for the day. The pool will close promptly at 8 p.m. for the fireworks show, no one will be allowed in the pool deck area. Although the pool will be closed, spectators are welcome to watch the fireworks from Sunset Beach and the walkway around the pool, as well as other waterfront parks that have a view toward Skipper’s Island in the main lake. DJ Mike will be playing music one hour before the fireworks show from the pool deck.
Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar
The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar will be open on July 4. The bar will open at 3 p.m. and the dining room will be open serving off the special event menu from 5 p.m .to 10 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling 951.244.6841 x771.
Country Club Bar & Grill
The Country Club Bar & Grill will close at 4 p.m. on July 4.