Canyon Lake Car Show
October 6, 2018
Classic is back as the Canyon Lake Car Show roars into Canyon Lake on Saturday, October 6 starting at 9 a.m. This event is all about the cars, with nearly 200 pre-1977classic and custom vehicles are anticipated to line in the Lodge parking lot. There is sure to be a car that everyone loves!
In addition to seeing hundreds of really cool vintage vehicles, there will be raffles, 50/50 drawing co-hosted by the Family Matters Club , music, and vendor booths. Of course let's not forget about the food, there will be local food vendors and the Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar will be open during this event featuring a special custom event menu.
Schedule of Events
- 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. | Gates Open for Participant Parking, Registration, & Check-in
- 9 a.m. | Show Starts, Raffle and 50/50 Tickets Available for Purchase
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. | Car Judging
- 1:30 p.m. | Raffle & 50/50 Drawings
- 2 p.m. | Awards Presentation
Important Event Reminders
- There will be “No Parking” signs posted a few days before the event instructing no parking at the Lodge after midnight on Friday, October 5. Only vehicles with designated parking passes or vehicles with handicapped placards will be allowed into the Lodge parking lot. There will be golf cart parking only between the corner of Canyon Club Drive and Lighthouse Drive to the stop sign entering the Lodge parking lot.
- No bicycles, scooters, or skateboards are permitted during the event to help avoid possible damage to the vintage cars and for the safety of pedestrians. Bicycle parking is available along the fence only.
- The tennis courts will be closed all day on Saturday, October 6 due to the event. Regular hours will resume Sunday, October 7.
- Pets are not encouraged and must be on a leash.
Owners of pre-1977 vehicles are invited to participate in this event. Participants do not need to be part of the Canyon Lake Car Club or a resident of Canyon Lake to participate in this event. Registration is $25 and includes a participant goody bag with event memorabilia. Early registration is recommended.
Cars are judged by peers, industry professionals, CLPOA staff, and City staff. More than 25 trophies will be presented.
Download Registration Form (PDF)
(Registration Forms can also be picked up at the CLPOA's Member Services office)
For more than 10 years, the Canyon Lake Car Club and Canyon Lake Property Owners Association have collaborated to bring this impressive event to Canyon Lake. Car Club president Joe Landin says,
"We started this event 13 years ago because we wanted to spread our love and passion for classic vehicles in our community (Canyon Lake). Each year we have watched this event get larger and larger, now with nearly 200 participants!"
Proceeds from this event are donated to various groups and causes in and around Canyon Lake. Funds from previous year's events have been donated to the Canyon Lake Veterans Memorial, Canyon Lake Emergency Preparedness Committee, charity golf tournaments, college scholarships, park benches at the Lodge, Progeria Research Foundation, Oak Grove Center in Murrieta, amongst others.
2017 Car Show Awards
There were a total of 27 trophies awarded (members of the Canyon Lake Car Club were not eligible to win trophies). Below are the winners:
Best of Show
- Mike Johnson - 1950 Olds Holiday Delux 88
Best Engine Award
- Robert Ochs - 1956 Ford F100
Best Interior Award
- Fred Defalco - 1957 Chevy Nomad
Best Paint Award
- Paul Garcia - 1967 Chevy Camaro RS
President's Choice Award
- Mark Ducharm - 1929 Dodge 5 Window Coupe
Canyon Lake Mayor Picks
- Larry Santoro - 1963 VW 23 Window Bus
- Garrett Verhagen - 1965 Ford Mustang
- Canyon Lake Property Owners Association Picks
- Robert Barchilloz - 1969 Datsun
- Dan Ingbretson - 1971 Ford Mustang
1900 - 1928 Winners
- Steve Pease - 1923 Ford T-Bucket
- Harold Cole - 1923 Ford T-Bucket
- Steve Del Castillo - 1919 Ford Roadster
1929 - 1936 Winners
- Ed Len - 1932 Foard Roadster
- Leon Motte - 1932 Ford Coupe
- Gary Loope - 1929 Ford Roadster
1937 - 1948 Winners
- Dave & Debbie Odel - 1948 Ford Woodie
- Joe Morgan - 1940 Ford Sedan
- Rob Weber - 1941 Willys Coupe
1949 - 1954 Winners
- Robert Radcliffe - 1950 Ford Custom Delux
- Greg Evans - 1950 Ford Tudor
- Wayne Jackson - 1954 Mercury Monterey
1955 - 1964 Winners
- Bill Fritz - 1964 Ford Ranchero
- Roy Jolly - 1956 Mercury Montclair
- Dave & Ann Keller - 1956 Chevy Bel Air
1965 - 1976 Winners
- Cory Miller - 1974 Ford F-100
- Kim Coon - 1966 Ford Mustang
- Ken Miller - 1968 Pontiac LeMans