Parade of Lights
Don’t miss one of Canyon Lake’s favorite holiday events, the Parade of Lights, on Saturday, December 8. This annual event, hosted by the Canyon Lake Yacht Club and CLPOA, features beautifully decorated boats and yachts touring the lake. The parade lineup starts at 4:30 p.m. at the Eastport Launch Ramp and the parade starts at 5:30 p.m. Boats will travel through the East Bay and around the main lake before ending at Holiday Harbor, where Santa will greet visitors and awards will be presented. There will also be cocoa, coffee, and cookies for free at Holiday Harbor. Lastly, one of the best places to view the show is the Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar! Reservations are recommended and available by calling 951.244.6841 x771.
Join the Parade of Lights
Want to be in the parade? The Yacht Club is still accepting applications for participants! Cash prizes will be awarded for best-decorated boats. One boat will be chosen to receive the Commodore’s Award. First, second and third place prizes will be awarded in the categories of Best Pontoon, Best Ski Boat and Club/Civic categories. There are also two new awards this year for first time entries and those who have not entered the parade in the last three year.
- Jawsome Christmas (Blue Shark) “Cassidy Family”
First Place Club
- Mon Cuerie (Partridge in a Pear Tree) “Ski Club”
First Place Ski Boat
- Mooaba Ski, Chris & Amanda
Second Place Ski Boat
- Present From Santa (Giant Present) “Angie & Mike Bazaldua"
First Place Pontoon Boat
- Fun Old-Fashioned Family Christmas VI (Bright) “Cassara & Hosko Families “
Second Place Pontoon Boat
- Santa Clause Sleigh (Santa Fishing) “Cameron Family”
3rd Place Pontoon Boat
- Gum Drop Good (Gingerbread House) “Robert Mora & Lainie Cooney”