Lake Condition Updates
July 1, 2021
Please be advised that Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District and Canyon Lake POA took water samples from five locations in Canyon Lake on June 16, 2021. Samples were taken from Happy Camp, Sierra Park, Sunset Beach, Indian Beach, and Holiday Harbor
EVMWD imported water to Canyon Lake in September 2018 in an effort to curb dropping reservoir levels.
Canyon Lake Algal Blooms
As with any lake, ocean, or river in the nation, Canyon Lake’s aquatic ecosystem cannot be compared to a swimming pool that is treated with chemicals to ensure water quality. If you choose to use the lake for swimming, keep in mind that natural lake processes occur and there may be times that the water quality for recreation may pose a health risk.
Canyon Lake Algae Blooms Facts (PDF) - Updated July 2021
- What are algae?
- Are any local agencies addressing algae concerns in Canyon Lake?
- Who is responsible for lake warnings or closures based on the risk of cyanobacteria or toxins?
- When do algae bloom?
- Are algae bad for the lake?
- What are Blue-Green Algae (BGA)?
- What should a resident do when they see an algae bloom?
Call 951.244.6841 x700 to hear the most current lake conditions.