- December 9, 2019
Sierra Park's parking lot is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 12 and Friday, Dec. 13. The entire parking lot will be closed during this time.
- December 6, 2019
The weather the past week has affected the schedule. Holiday Harbor has been rescheduled for Dec. 9 through Dec. 13. During this time, the entire parking lot is closed.
- November 15, 2019
Work continues to progress with the large-scale pavement project. Below is the schedule of upcoming work that will affect parks:
- Nov. 18 - Nov. 21: Diamond Point Park, entire park closed
- Dec. 2 - Dec. 5: Holiday Harbor, entire parking lot closed
- Dec. 4 - Dec. 6 Gault Field Parking Lot, parking lot and fields closed.
- October 25, 2019
The Country Club parking lot repavement is now complete. The parking lot was reconfigured and repaved. There is now a new more efficient layout with accessible parking near the entrance. New decorative stamped concrete was added to the Country Club entry and drive circle. New LED parking lot lights were also installed.
- September 23, 2019
- Project started with setup at East Port Park.
- August 2019
- Final vendor selected
- Board approved funding for this project in an amount not to exceed $3,425,000
- July 2019
- Request for Proposal closed, three bids received ranging from $3,400,000 to $4,600,000
- June 2019
- Request for Proposal Published
- Blue Bird Hall
- Canyon Lake Drive North (from Vacation Drive to Goetz Road)
- Canyon Lake Golf & Country Club
- Diamond Point Park
- Eastport Park
- Equestrian Center Driveway Entrance
- Gault Field
- Holiday Harbor Park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Indian Beach
- Lodge/Tennis/Sunset Beach
- Moonstone Beach
- North Ski East & West
- Operations Yard
- Senior Center
- Sierra Park @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
In 2012-13, the Canyon Lake POA entered into a $7,800,000 paving project which involved the majority of the roads within the community. That project did not include resurfacing any of the 15 parking lots within the community, Happy Camp, or Canyon Lake Drive North, east of Vacation Drive. Happy Camp was completely repaved during the Campground Renovation Project. However, the rest of these areas are badly in need of renovation, especially the Lodge and Country Club parking lots. The Lodge project will feature a new concrete ADA ramp and staircase down to the rental docks and walking pathway, and new retaining walls, planters, and additional parking spaces.
In 2016, Willdan Engineering was contracted to put together a set of bid documents for these remaining areas. They were tasked with evaluating each area for ADA compliance, and possible expansion and reconfiguration in order to create the maximum available parking spaces in each area. Further, they were asked to evaluate each area for effective drainage and to incorporate other features suggested by the community members and staff.