POSITION TITLE: Compliance Analyst
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 21, 2021
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
The Canyon Lake Property Owners Association (Canyon LakePOA) is currently accepting applications for a full-time position in the Operations Department.
POSITION TYPE: Full time with 5-day week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
STARTING PAY RATE: $58,240 - $62,400, DOE
A Compliance Analyst is a key member of the Operations Department. This position is responsible for the preparation, completion and delivery of regulatory and compliance documentation as well as ensuring the Organization complies with regulations, procedures, and ordinances. You will also be responsible for preparation of safety meetings, alarms, keys and protocols.
The ideal candidate will excel in a position that requires intellect, objectivity, attention to detail, and strong writing skills. A typical day may also include research, writing, editing, document formatting, and preparing administrative records. You may be tasked with working with other departments to make sure that all departments remain compliant.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email, ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing auditing and reporting on the organization’s compliance through all certifications, permits, inspections, reporting and procedures.
- Proactively researching to stay up to date with regulations and rules
- Implementing and documenting all policies and procedures
- Researches regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information
- Keeps other departments informed of requirements
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintains quality service by establishing organization standards
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving compliance issues
- Serving as a subject-matter expert on all compliance-related matters
- Communicating regulations to internal and external parties
- Arrange continuing contacts and resolve concerns to maintain rapport with regulatory personnel
- Developing procedures and workflows to meet compliance documentation standards
- Collect, analyze and summarize information to prepare informative reports
- Remain current on field by attending classes, reading publications, talking with peers and joining professional groups
- Creating and executing any employee training documents or sessions while maintaining training records
- Key issuance, inventory control and lock maintenance
- Obtains approvals by revising forms and rates
- Alarm system access control and maintenance
- Monthly Department reports
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree and/ or cross functional teamwork will be a plus. • 3+ years of experience as in related compliance-related experience required
- Excellent customer service
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong research and reporting abilities
- Working knowledge of compliance issues
- Understanding of risk assessment and mitigation • Ability to implement comparative analysis and deliver logical recommendations or conclusions
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Computer and data entry
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License