Country Club Bar & Grill Server
POSITION TITLE: Server
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time & Full-Time Opportunities Available!
DEPARTMENT: Country Club Bar & Grill
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 26, 2021
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
SALARY: $14 per hour, plus tips
The Canyon Lake POA is currently accepting applications for part time servers. Servers are responsible for positive Guest interactions while serving Guests in a friendly and efficient manner and play an integral role in ensuring our customers have exceptional dining experiences. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our Guests’ needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
The right person will be passionate about food and service and thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, outgoing disposition and previous experience working as a Server in a bustling, fast-paced restaurant setting.
Basic Functions & Duties
- Prepare room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, napkins, service plates and utensils
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
- Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
- Serve orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; deliver accompaniments and condiments from service bars
- Promptly address customer service issues and refer customers to management when necessary
- Previous serving experience required
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Must be able to multi task in a fast paced environment with excellent customer service skills
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have a Riverside Food Handlers Card
- Must successfully pass a background check and substance abuse screening
Server Top Skills & Proficiencies
- Knowledge of Food Service Regulations
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Basic Math
- Customer Service
- Resolve Conflict
- Energy Level
- Selling to Customers Needs