Operations Department Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Operations Department Specialist
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 22, 2021
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
The Canyon Lake Property Owners Association (Canyon Lake POA) is currently accepting applications to fill a full-time position in the Operations Department.
POSITION TYPE: Full time with 5-day week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
STARTING PAY RATE: $15 - $16 per hour, DOE
The duties of the Operations Department Specialist will be performed under the direction of the Operations Manager for the purpose(s) of assisting with the day-to-day work flow and operation of the department to ensure optimal efficiency of tasks and projects through to completion. Responsibilities include support of inter-departmental efforts and needs along with handling requests and / or complaints from Homeowners.
Basic Functions & Duties
- Assist with answering phone calls and taking messages from other departments along with outside vendors and contacts.
- Assist with daily monitoring of radios with techs, janitors and grounds crew.
- Assist with coordinating repairs and maintenance of all facilities and departments within the POA including both in-house and outsourced repairs, as needed.
- Process work orders and follow up as needed. Issue and distribute work orders received from requests by supervisors, management, board members, homeowners, employees, departments, community patrol, marine patrol, incident reports, vandalism and / or graffiti.
- Issue daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly work orders for maintenance of parks and facilities, streets, lake, grounds, special, events, holidays, emergencies, etc.
- Assist with response and following through on spills, vandalism and / or graffiti issues as reported by community patrol and marine patrol to include ensuring an Incident Report (IR) has been issued and pictures have been taken, as needed.
- Organize, track and file hard copies of work orders issued. Process, record and close out all turned in work orders including scanning in, naming files, electronically filing work orders, pictures, incident reports and related documents for each work order.
- Assist with generating invoices for “Billables” resulting from Work Orders and Incident Reports that we are seeking reimbursement.
- Track and document information to prepare Vandalism Reports, Billable Reports and Water Usage Reports for the department.
- Assist with obtaining pictures of community requiring maintenance or repairs, graffiti and / or vandalism, etc. and process all photos brought into office and file.
- Assist the department with researching, obtaining pricing and estimates.
- Assist with ordering and purchasing signage, office supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist with handling and responding to complaints from Homeowners.
- Assist with copying, scanning, filing and maintaining departmental documents (e.g. bids, etc.).
- Utility (cross-training) for departmental coverage whenever staffing is short-handed or heavy call volumes persist.
- Special projects as needed to include administration and coordination of the mailbox replacement project (kiosks, slabs, issuing new keys, etc.), asset management project and signage replacement project.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Operations Department Specialist must possess the following attributes:
- High School Diploma or possession of a GED Certificate
- One (1) to two (2) years of related clerical / administrative experience required
- Able to multi-task, work independently and be reliable
- Attention to detail, accuracy and follow through
- Organized, good oral and written communication skills
- Computer and data entry skills (must be proficient in MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of standard business clerical and administrative procedures
- Knowledge of standard office equipment
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all departments and employees
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License