Operations Maintenance Tech
POSITION TITLE: Operations Maintenance Tech
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 23, 2022
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
The duties of the Operations Maintenance Tech will be performed under the direction of the Field Superintendent, Operations Manager and Director of Operations for the purpose(s) of assisting with the day-to-day work flow and operation of the department to ensure optimal efficiency of maintenance and repairs, assigned tasks and projects through to completion.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
STARTING PAY RATE: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour, DOE
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This position necessitates a variety of repair and maintenance skills including:
- Finish Carpentry
- Roofing Repairs
- Plumbing Repairs
- Plastering & Drywall Repairs
- Basic Electrical Skills
- Painting & Masonry Skills
- HVAC and Refrigeration Servicing
- Restaurant Appliance Servicing
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approval.
- Communicate with homeowners with concerns about POA property.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of POA responsibility.
- Responsible for opening locked areas at beginning of the day and securing at the end of the day
- Assist in hiring employees and employee reviews.
Assignments will involve intermediate level skills. Journeyman level skills are not required.
This position requires the maintenance and repair of buildings, offices and department amenities (which includes the Country Club, Lodge, Senior Center, Blue Bird Hall, Gault Field, Parks & Beaches, Pool, Tennis Courts, Pickleball Courts, Campground and Equestrian Center). Will also perform preventive maintenance service, plus do repairs on all types of equipment including our fleet of vehicles, boats and power tools. Basic computer skills are desired: with experience in responding to emails, researching for parts, and data entry.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or possession of a GED Certificate
- Five years experience in maintenance and / or operations
- Basic knowledge of safety, and environmental health procedures
- Basic background in construction, handy-person skills and / or other repair and maintenance standards related thereto
- Working knowledge of equipment including: vehicles, boats and power tools
Must possess the following attributes:
- Able to multi-task, work independently and be reliable
- Attention to detail, accuracy and follow through
- Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all departments and employees
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Experience using the described skills, preferable in a community setting
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work out doors for long periods of time in any kind of weather
- Must successfully pass a physical exam, substance abuse screening and background check
- Have a valid California driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Required to carry a phone in intervals of one week time frames to be available for emergency call-ins for various kinds of situations