Seasonal Marine Patrol Compliance Officer
POSITION TITLE: Seasonal Marine Patrol Compliance Officer
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 13, 2022
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
Responsible for building strong customer relations and ensuring that CLPOA’s boating and fishing rules and regulations are effectively communicated and enforced. Patrols the lake and fishing areas by boat and on foot as necessary while enforcing Lake rules and regulations. Follows up on information received, investigates, reminds, writes warnings, and/or citations to fishing and boating rule violators. Provides members and guests with information and enforces the quagga mussel prevention policies to protect the Lake from quagga mussel infestation.
POSITION TYPE: Seasonal through September, variable schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
STARTING PAY RATE: $17.00 per hour
Basic Functions & Duties
- Approaches the job safely with tact and diplomacy while always providing a friendly & attentive welcome to and interaction with our members and their guests.
- Surveys boaters and lake front homes to ensure all boats have current registration and proper registration tags displayed.
- Conducts safety inspections of boats to ensure compliance with the safety inspection check list.
- Writes incident reports and activity reports to document all lake activity.
- Verifies fishermen have a valid CLPOA membership card and fishing license.
- Coordinates with the Operations department when responding to / reporting on material spills. Deploys appropriate supplies to contain and clean up; ensures proper disposal of clean up materials.
- Aids and or tows disabled boats as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Graduation from high school
- Word processing/data entry skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, which includes Excel, Word and Outlook
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions for long periods of time
- Must successfully pass a background check and substance abuse screening
- Must have or obtain a CA Boater Safety Card prior to start date
- Boating experience preferred