Year 1 Pavement Project Bid Posting
Bid Title: "Year 1" Pavement Improvement Project
Category: Construction Projects
Download Project Bid Package
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association (CLPOA) invites bids to perform pavement rehabilitation within their private residential community. Bids will be received up to the hour of 4 p.m. on Friday, September 24, 2021. Bids may be delivered via email to [email protected]
Bids shall furnish all materials, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals as required for this in accordance with the specifications and requirements described within this bid package. Prevailing wages will not be required on this project.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This project located in Canyon Lake, California, consists of:
- Performing full-depth reclamation (FDR) with cement-treatment to construct a 12-inch thick cement stabilized pulverized base (CSPB) section. Mill and remove a portion of the existing AC to accommodate the new 3.5-inch thickness AC pavement section. The remaining AC materials and subgrade soils are to be pulverized in-place and used as CSPB for the new pavement section;
- Constructing a 3.5-inch thick AC section (in 2 lifts) on top of the CSPB section. The existing pavement grades are to be maintained;
- Protecting all existing utilities and replacing utilities that may become damaged during construction; and
- Applying traffic striping, curb and pavement markings, and pavement markers to match existing layout and color scheme. If Schedule B is selected, 3.5-inch mill and overlay will be performed on select streets (see attached project plans).
The work to be performed or executed under these specifications consists of furnishing all materials, taxes, insurance, supervision, inspections, permits, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals as required by the contract documents to construct the above stated project, while meeting all requirements presented within these project specifications as well as the 2021 Edition of the Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction (Greenbook) and County of Riverside Ordinance No. 461 – Road Improvement Standards and Specifications.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
Bidders wanting to make a site visit should contact Roger Schlierkamp ([email protected]) at least 48 hours prior to the visit to obtain access permission.
Due dates are as follows:
Bid Questions Due: September 13, 2021, 4:00 PM
Direct Questions To: Roger Schlierkamp, [email protected]
Final bids are due no later than: September 24, 2021, 4:00 PM to (via email): Roger Schlierkamp, [email protected]
Anticipated Start of Pavement Improvement: Late fall or winter 2021
If required, a written Bid Addendum will be distributed to all bidders containing bidder questions
and their responses in addition to other pertinent bid information. Bid Proposals received after the above cited time will be considered “late” and may not be accepted.
Bid Proposal Documents shall include the following information:
- Completed Bid Schedule (Appendix A) with costs taking into consideration all work and materials properly performed in accordance with these bid documents, project specifications, and any addendums. Unit costs must be included.
- Bid Form
- Bid Addendum
- List of Designated Subcontractor (s)
- Bidder Qualification Form
- Contractor’s Licensing Statement
- Contractor’s Insurance Information
- Initialized pages where contractor initials are requested
By submitting a Bid Proposal, the Contractor acknowledges the following:
- All work will be performed in accordance with the specified requirements;
- Indication of willingness to provide current insurance certification and sign a contract with CLPOA;
- Indication of availability to start work and complete work by the dates within the contract documents;
- Indication to provide advanced written and posted notices to residents for scheduled work; and
- Indication to provide safe and proper traffic control during construction.
Each proposal will be evaluated for cost, qualification, experience, understanding of the scope of
Project Specifications and Plans for services and ability to meet anticipated work schedule. The CLPOA reserves the right to reject any and all Bid Proposals received as a result of this Bid Invitation. All Bids shall remain valid for 120 days after the day of the Bid opening.
September 17, 2021 Added Documents
Year 1 Streets (PDF)
Year 1 Pavement Improvement Project Addendum 1
9/1/2021 4:30 PM
9/24/2021 4:00 PM