POSITION TITLE: Activities Generalist
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Monday through Friday. The position will require working some evenings and weekends
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 9, 2024
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
SALARY: $18.50 - $22.50 per hour, DOE
This position provides a broad range of clerical and administrative duties to support the Activities Manager and the Activities Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist coworkers in planning and implementing Canyon Lake POA sponsored events and performs related duties as required.
- Creates a pleasant experience for community members, Canyon Lake POA related group and local agencies.
- Exercise judgment and discretion in making appointments, compiling reports, and composing correspondence, or other narrative documents as directed
- Includes coordination and scheduling of the various amenities the Canyon Lake POA offers.
- Acts as support staff to Canyon Lake POA Committees and Clubs as well as other departments, and interfaces with the community behalf of the Activities Manager.
- Must be highly detail oriented and able to prioritize projects with the ability to organize, plan and execute on a consistent basis.
- Must have a desire to work with the public.
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines, plus a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with multiple teams and internal resources, both orally and written.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Strong proficiency in MS office, with the ability to learn other scheduling programs.
- Monitoring of compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Working with City, Fire and Health Department and other entities.
- Ability to work independently, able to perform a range of duties with minimal supervision.
- Be able to interpret and follow Canyon Lake POA policies and rules.
- While most of the job duties take place Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), the selected candidate must be willing to work some evenings, some weekends, and holidays depending on the Annual Event Calendar.
- Occasionally, must be physically able to work long hours in all types of weather (heat and rain).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a background check and substance abuse screening.
- AA degree in Business, Communications, General Studies or related field
- Two years’ experience in customer service, clerical or secretarial
- Basic community services/recreation and activities
- Special event planning
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures