Canyon Lake Car Show
October 5, 2019 | 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Canyon Lake Lodge & Surrounding Area
Classic is back as the Canyon Lake Car Show roars into Canyon Lake on Saturday, October 5 starting at 9 a.m.This event is all about the cars, with nearly 200 pre-1977 classic and custom vehicles anticipated to line in the Lodge parking lot. There is sure to be a car that everyone loves!
Schedule of Events
- 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. - Participant Parking of pre-1977 vehicles
- 9 a.m. - CAR SHOW BEGINS SPECTATORS WELCOME
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Car Judging
- 1 p.m. - ShowCal Ski Show at Sunset Beach
- 2:30 p.m. - Raffles, 50/50 Drawing, & Trophy Presentation
- 3:30 p.m. - Car Show Ends
Watch Last Year's Car Show!
Owners of pre-1977 vehicles are invited to participate in this event. Participants do not need to be part of the Canyon Lake Car Club or a resident of Canyon Lake to participate in this event. Registration is $30 and includes a participant goody bag with event memorabilia. Early registration is recommended.
Cars are judged by peers, industry professionals, Canyon Lake POA staff, and City staff. More than 25 trophies will be presented.
Download Registration Form (PDF)
(Registration Forms can also be picked up at the Canyon Lake POA's Member Services office)
Important Event Reminders
- There will be “No Parking” at the Lodge after midnight on Friday, October 4. Only vehicles with designated parking passes will be allowed into the Lodge parking lot. Beginning at 9 a.m., only vehicles and golf carts with valid placards will be allowed in the Lodge parking lot.
- Beginning at 9 a.m., golf cart parking only is available between the corner of Canyon Club Drive and Lighthouse Drive to the stop sign entering the Lodge parking lot.
- No bicycles, scooters, or skateboards are permitted during the event to help avoid possible damage to the vintage cars and for the safety of pedestrians. Bicycle parking is available along the fence only.
- The tennis courts will be closed all day on Saturday, October 5 due to the event.
- Pets are NOT encouraged and must be on a leash.
For more than 10 years, the Canyon Lake Car Club and Canyon Lake Property Owners Association have collaborated to bring this impressive event to Canyon Lake. Car Club president Joe Landin says,
"We started this event 13 years ago because we wanted to spread our love and passion for classic vehicles in our community (Canyon Lake). Each year we have watched this event get larger and larger, now with nearly 200 participants!"
Proceeds from this event are donated to various groups and causes in and around Canyon Lake. Funds from previous year's events have been donated to the Canyon Lake Veterans Memorial, Canyon Lake Emergency Preparedness Committee, charity golf tournaments, college scholarships, park benches at the Lodge, Progeria Research Foundation, Oak Grove Center in Murrieta, amongst others.
|Best of Show||Michael Jons||77' Pontiac Trans Am|
|Best Engine Award||Rich Ralstin||31' Ford Model A|
|Best Interior Award||Steve Baker||47' Ford Coupe|
|Best Paint Award||Jeff Walton||32' Ford Three Window Coupe|
|Foose's Pick||Jim & Linda Spurbeck||50' Olds Delivery|
|President's Choice Award||Armonda Torres||60' Chevy Impala|
|City Choices:||Ron Adler||65' VW Crew Cab|
|Dave Restino||55' Chevy Bel Air|
|Canyon Lake POA Picks:||Milton Hardaway||55' Chrysler New Yorker|
|Norm Marshall||47' Ford Coupe|
|1900 - 1928 Winners:||David Di Carlo||28' Ford Model A|
|Bonnie Landino||23' Ford T Bucket|
|Mark & Vicki Williams||23' Ford T Bucket|
|1929 - 1936 Winners:||Ed Len||32' Ford Roadstar Sedan|
|Mark Ducharm||29' Dodge Five Window Coupe|
|Bill Clark||29' Ford Model A Coupe|
|1937 - 1948 Winners:||Rob & Daryl Weber||41' Willy’s Coupe|
|Ray & Kris Hamblen||40' Ford Pickup|
|Marguerite Jungles||41' Graham Four Door Sedan|
|1949 - 1954 Winners:||Colton Stump||51' Hudson Hornet|
|Larry Candelaria||49' Mercury Coupe|
|Dennis McKee||49' Cadillac Coupe|
|1955 - 1964 Winners:||Walt Lewis||58' Chevy Impala|
|Steve Wessels||59' VW Single Cab|
|Jeremy Kite||63' Chevy Nova|
|1965 - 1976 Winners:||Fred Jones||67' Chevy Pickup|
|Roy Ray||67' Chevy Chevelle|
|Jay Stewart||72' Detomaso Pantera|