POSITION TITLE Patrol Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Varied Shifts- Monday through Sunday
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 6, 2024
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
SALARY: $80,000 - $100,000
The Patrol Manager will provide senior leadership in directing, planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating the Canyon Lake POA Community Patrol Contractor and Marine Patrol departments. Represents both entities to the community, committees, and board, acting as the liaison with county and local law enforcement agencies and maintains and/or oversees that scheduling and staffing is met by the security contractor, marine patrol, special events and any additional areas as directed by the General Manager.
- Direct Community Patrol Contractor and Marine Patrol personnel as needed to monitor and observe the community, while minimizing theft and vandalism.
- Primary public contact for all community patrol and security interactions with the members, guests and Canyon Lake POA staff, including interfacing with local police on behalf of the Canyon Lake POA for any criminal or other activity.
- Administers duties in directing all facets of Community and Marine Patrol operations.
- Collect and report accurate data on key performance indicators for Community and Marine patrol operations and services. Conducts continuous analysis of patrol performance and incidents to determine the location, time, special characteristics, similarities to other activity, and identify any patterns of behavior to implement corrective counter measures or report to local authorities.
- Reviews reports and incident documents for accuracy and competency.
- Develops and implements policies, and procedures as directed by the General Manager.
- Provide direction in response to reports and calls for accidents and incidents within the community.
- Provide proactive daily/weekly management of the Community and Marine Patrol priorities and activities, focusing on enforcement of key issues.
- Keep abreast of community security best practices and present recommendations for continuous improvement to the Board and community. Present and report on community security and safety trends and statistics at Board meetings monthly.
- Engage the community by participating in all large POA events and providing feedback to the General Manager and Board of Directors.
- Participates as the staff liaison to designated committees, and attends neighborhood watch meetings as requested, and implement recommendations.
- Serves as liaison between the community and local law enforcement agencies. Follow up with the General Manager and Board on key security incidents within the community.
- Assess and monitor emerging major issues on community social media sites.
- Plans and administers the community rule enforcement and security activities for the CLPOA’s Community and Marine Patrol operations
Criminal and traffic accident investigation support to law enforcement as needed, personnel administration, policy development, and program administration, prevention of crime and misconduct to include:
- Traffic and crowd control
- Community service
- Enforce Canyon Lake POA Rules & Regulations
- Support local law enforcement for theft investigation(s)
- Ensures quality of service rendered by supervisors and subordinates and the delivery of Community Patrol services in accordance with Canyon Lake POA's needs.
- Plan, review and analyze budget preparation for department budgets and monthly financial review. Work with department personnel and the General Manager for annual budget preparation and planning of expenses and equipment,
- Coordinates with other departments and personnel in the development of procedures to improve operations, technology, training, and other functions necessary to improve the efficiency of the departments.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of the Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Responds to residents’ concerns and inquiries. Follows Canyon Lake POA's policies and procedures on member requests, reports, and responses.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Five years managerial experience in a HOA/corporate security, campus police or law enforcement environment with demonstrated experience in large contract/supplier management.
- Knowledge and working familiarity with Canyon Lake POA's Rules & Regulations, and CC&Rs.
- Knowledge of Community Oriented Policing and it’s applications.
- Advanced skills in computer technology, problem solving, public record keeping and public speaking.
- Possess budget preparation and fiscal management skills.
- Ability to supervise and manage people and resources.
- Ability to work in critical and stressful situations and deal with people and critical emergency management.
- Ability to effectively apply emergency first aid techniques.
- A friendly, understanding approach when working with the members of the community and Canyon Lake POA Staff.